Mybestplace.org is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Mybestplace.org uses a Secure Socket Layer system (SSL) to encrypt your entire payment session. SSL is an industry-standard for keeping data and information secure and is used by leading companies, banks, and credit agencies.
1. The client agrees to adhere to all the terms and conditions of Mybestplace.org , and accepts that Mybestplace.org will delete any violating listings or accounts without offering any reimbursement.
2. Mybestplace.org reserves the right to change its terms at any time, and the new terms become effective immediately. Therefore, the client hereby accepts the current and future terms.
3. The client agrees to post only legal and ethical content that does not violate any laws, copyrights or ownership by others.
4. Points purchased by the client expire when the purchased membership expires. Once points are expired they cannot be used nor refunded.
5. The client can request a refund for unused points before the membership expires. In this case, the client will submit a refund request which will be processed in 7 working days. Mybestplace.org will calculate the value of the remaining credits based on the price paid on the subscription date and will charge the client a 20% refund fee.
6. Mybestplace.org is not responsible for any mistakes or problems that happen to the client caused by the content of the listings.
7. Mybestplace.org is not responsible for points lost due to mistakes by the client, and once points are used they cannot be reactivated in any case.
8. Mybestplace.org can decide to stop using the points system at any time, and the client will be entitled to a refund equal to the value of the unused points.
9. Mybestplace.org website can stop working for hours or days due to maintenance, hacking, or technical issues or any other reason; therefore the company will not refund the client due to such challenges except if the downtime exceeds 7 days within 30 days.
10 The client cannot post fake listings, fake photos, duplicate listings, expired listings or sold listings. If Mybestplace.org finds such listings it can delete them without refunding the client the used points. If the violation is repeated Mybestplace.org can close the client account and deduct 20% of its remaining value as violation fees.
11. The client commits to removing any sold properties within 3 days of selling them, otherwise, Mybestplace.org is authorized to delete such properties without issuing any refunds.
12. The client cannot use his points to add listings for another client or any other entity.
13. Mybestplace.org can close any client’s account if it finds any signs of account manipulation, and it can charge a 20% violation fee.
14. The client cannot sell his points to another client or any other entity.
15. Mybestplace.org reserves the right to refuse to serve any client for any reason. If the client has points in his account, the company will refund the value of the remaining points.
16. The client is responsible for the security of his account, therefore we recommend safeguarding the account username and password to avoid account hijacking.
17. Companies cannot use the points system to advertise a project that has more than 10 units such as Compounds, Malls, Medical and Commercial projects. Companies cannot also advertise a specific unit in such projects. In case of violating this term, Mybestplace.org can delete such listings without compensating the advertiser for the deleted points.
18. Mybestplace.org is not responsible if the client deletes any of the paid listings intentionally or unintentionally. Deleted listings is a permanent action, and the client cannot ask the company to reactivate the ad nor refund the listing points.
19. Each listing should contain details of a single property. Mybestplace.org reserves the right to not approve or delete any listing that has details about more than one unit.
20. It’s not allowed to change the type or the location of the property once it’s submitted.
21. Mybestplace.org account ownership is based on who created the account and set the password. When there is a case of a dispute between employees and companies on the topic of account ownership, Mybestplace.org team will evaluate the situation based on several criteria to decide who is the ultimate owner of the account. Mybestplace.org encourages companies to create accounts in their names and to keep the payment receipts in their records as these are some of the documents that are needed to prove account ownership.
22. Mybestplace.org cannot change the account password or email before validating that the person who is requesting this change is the owner of the account.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.